Apple recently announced a plethora of new features that will be coming the latest iOS software, iOS 7, which is set to be released in Fall 2013. Here is a listing of the upcoming new elements for the system that runs Apple’s iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Introducing the New iOS 7 Software features.
- Control Center: You will be able to swipe up from any screen to go into system settings such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Camera: When the camera app is open, you have two other labeled choices: taking the picture as a square photo or a panorama photo. You’ll also be able to edit photos with filters much like those in Instagram.
- Photo App: You’ll be able to organize your photos using camera information about where and when they were shot. The categories include “Moments,” “Collections” and “Years.”
- Find My iPhone: An activation lock feature will require your Apple ID and password to turn off Find My iPhone. This offers even more protection if your iPhone is lost or stolen.
- AirDrop: . This new feature is Apple’s answer to Samsung’s Galaxy S line of phones, which let other Galaxy users share information such as photos and music by touching the phones together. AirDrop lets other iOS users send items directly to each other, without ever having to open text messaging or an email program. This feature is already available on Apple’s latest Mac computers.
- Multi-tasking: By pressing the home button twice, you will be able to preview screens of all apps you have running and swipe to move from one app to another.
- Updates: The new iOS 7 will update apps automatically in the background when you’re plugged into Wi-Fi. This feature is touted a way to make sure that your battery isn’t drained while fetching updates.
- iTunes Radio: This feature is Apple’s answer to Pandora. ITunes Radio will be available on computers and mobile devices later in 2013. It will not only offer preprogrammed radio stations, but it will also let you create stations based on your favorite artists.
- Safari: The new Safari browser will enable you to see more content and includes full-screen browsing. There will also be a “smart search” field that will make searches easier and a new tab view for going from one page to another.
- Siri: New male and female voices will be available for Siri, and there will be a Twitter search option which will allow you to ask Siri what’s trending on Twitter. In addition, Siri will also use Wikipedia as a resource as well as Bing.