Sony has announced a new Xperia ZR smartphone, it is set to be a waterproof phone and is equipped with powerfull camara, which allows users to capture photos and full HD Videos upto 1.5 metres (5 feet).
According to Sony, the new Xperia Phone does however offer a 13MP camera which allows full HD 1080p video underwater. The device is also shatterproof and dustproof. Sony also warns that its dustproof and waterproof features are limited to 1.5m for half an hour
The device runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system with Sony’s custom user interface, Sony is yet to announce the pricing of the Xperia ZR, which will be launched in various global markets from the second quater of 2013.
Sony Xperia ZR Specifications:
- 4.6-inch HD reality display with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel Exmor RS autofocus camera with LED flash
- VGA front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, EDGE, GPRS, GPS, LTE
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)